Welcome Book Lovers, Animal Lovers and men and women of the world!

I hope you find something to interest you in my blog. I wanted a place to share my love of books, make some sense of the Universe, and possibly make some friends along the way. If you like what you see, please feel free to comment, and if you are a fellow book lover or animal lover, it's a pleasure to know you. Come back any time and share your day with me!

Friday, May 29, 2009

A Start

I am watching "The Reader" with Kate Winslet and Ralph Fiennes. It is wonderfully directed, every facial expression and nuance of movement between the main characters is caught. The relationship between the boy and the older woman is key and the subtle technique accomplished by the editing and directing is I think, a product of close study of the author, and a reflection of the style of writing she chose for this book. The boy who plays the young man in the movie, David Kross seems keenly aware that facial expressions play as important a part in the filming of the movie as does the script and any line delivered. I remember the book wasn't my cup of tea at the time I chose to read it. However, I often pick up a book again after an initial abandonment. I believe that, as in life, timing is crucial. Often a discarded book becomes a favorite when read at the right time in one's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment