Welcome Book Lovers, Animal Lovers and men and women of the world!

I hope you find something to interest you in my blog. I wanted a place to share my love of books, make some sense of the Universe, and possibly make some friends along the way. If you like what you see, please feel free to comment, and if you are a fellow book lover or animal lover, it's a pleasure to know you. Come back any time and share your day with me!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Look what I've done..."Tenderness of Wolves"..."Ex Libris"...and good night!

Oh boy, look at all the new things I've done with my blog. Now I'm going to try to send my LT friends over to check it out and tell me what they think and then... I hope to amuse, entertain and educate my readers. Some of the blogs I have seen have been so interesting in terms of content and I hope to provide the same interesting reading for others. Book reviews, movie reviews, topics in the news, Word of the Day, things like that...I hope others will comment also. I was a bit envious of some of the blogs I've seen but in a good way, a way that made me strive to produce something similar, something creative and inspiring to others as well. Well, it is late in the evening on a snowy, bitter cold day and its time to climb into bed with my heating pad and a good book (the only kind I read) tonight it is "The Tenderness of Wolves" by Stef Penney and also dipping into "Ex Libris, Confessions of a Common Reader" by Anne Fadiman. This is an entertaining collection of essays about books that I received as a gift from my Secret Santa on Librarything. I am long overdue on finishing "Wolves" and eager to finish the last half. It is wonderfully suspenseful and filled with characters that can be capable of more than meets the eye, I'm sure of it. Since the story is set in Canada it is chillingly appropriate with our recent snowfall in mind. And, despite taking place in the 1800's it is made cunningly current by the author's choice of characters and situation. Look for more in my review soon to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment